Psychology Practitioner in Mulbarton, Johannesburg
Co-creating a more preferred life with and for you
Looking for a Professional Counselor?
Everybody gets stuck somehow, sometimes. When it happens, you may need somebody to collaborate with to take a step in a preferred direction. In times like these, I can assist you to renegotiate:
- Stuck states you experience as a result of your circumstances;
- Inner experiences that cause discomfort, e.g., stress, anxiety, fear, anger, and other challenges;
- Pain, trauma and loss;
- Other issues that impact your life; and/or
- Emotional scars left by past experiences.
Collaborating with me in counseling sessions will empower you to…
- Find new balance and coherence in your life;
- Make essential life choices;
- Progress on your journey of personal growth,
- Unleash your potential;
- Create a fulfilling life, and to
- Build or rebuild personal relationships.
My role as your counselor
My role as a registered psychology counselor is to create an environment that is safe for you to work with any preferred areas of your life.
To facilitate the process, I will…
- Create an atmosphere where you are entirely accepted, free to explore your issues and be your authentic self;
- Provide a safe environment where you can speak your mind and know that the contents of our conversation will always be confidential,
- Respect your human dignity no matter who you are;
- Listen to you in a non-judgmental and compassionate way;
- Help you to explore your experiences and the meaning you attach to it;
- Collaborate with you in constructing alternative and more preferred ways of dealing with difficulties;
- Help you to voice and reconstruct your inner struggles;
- Work with you to empower you to move forward and
- Co-create a more preferred life for you and with you.
Info about me and my psychology practice (in a nutshell)
My fees are according to the National Health Pricelist. Most medical aid funds adhere to these fees. If you want your medical aid fund to pay for my services, make sure that there are sufficient funds prior to making an appointment.
My cash fee for a counseling session is R700.00 per session (negotiable under certain circumstances).
My fee for neurofeedback is R650.00 per session.
My fee for online therapy is R600.00 per session.
Medical aid schemes
Short term accounts
I am a psychology practitioner (Category: Registered Counselor) working at the Netcare Mulbarton Hospital in the south of Johannesburg, at the Midvaal Private Hospital in Three Rivers and on the internet (online therapy). I collaborate with individuals, couples, groups and business people to enhance their functioning and to live the lives they prefer.
My Scope of Practice:
My scope of practice is to render primary psychological interventions and counseling to individuals and groups, at an affordable price, aiming at enhancing personal functioning.
BA Hons Psychology (UF)
MTh Pastoral Therapy with focus on Narrative counseling (UNISA)
DTh (Ph.D) UNISA
Certified EMDR Practitioner
Certified Emotional Focused Couples Therapist
Advanced TRE ™ Practitioner
Licensed Heartmath® Trainer
Certified Brainspotting Practitioner
Qualified STRENGTHSCOPE® accredited user
I am registered as a Psychology Practitioner with:
The Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) in the category of Registered Counselor in Independent Private Practice
The Board of Health Care Funders of Southern Africa as private practitioner as
(Practice number 0414298)
My Affiliations and Associations
Psychological Society of South Africa (PsySSA)
ACRP as professional body and Council for Pastoral and Spiritual Counsellors
International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
EMDR International Association
TRE International and TRE Africa
Biofeedback Association of South Africa
- Trauma support
- Effective stress Management
- Organic relaxation techniques
- Anger management
- Organic pain control
- Enhanced personal functioning
- Couple couseling
- Sex counseling
- Career guidance
- Psychology assessments
- Life coaching